Learn the No cost DIY SEO Techniques which will make your website rank in Google and Bing.
Search engine optimization is getting its trend day by day in the internet marketing world, and the way it evolved gave rise to many aspects to ranking factors.
Here is video tutorial:-
Search engines are becoming smart as well, and it is challenging to get ranked for the keywords you desire and apply DIY SEO rules for your blog.
DIY SEO: How to do SEO Yourself Step by Step Guide 2022
So in this post, we are posting the DIY SEO guide which is useful for all beginners. As the title indicates, this is done it yourself guide with basic knowledge of SEO which doesn’t need any guru as a mentor to achieve the good rankings in SERP
DIY SEO: Find your focus keywords that you can rank easily
To be frank, without focus keywords, you cannot get rankings in SERP easily. By focusing on particular keywords, you can optimize them to search engines and get ranked for your desired keywords.
Use tools like Google Analytics to check your site’s potential to rank for other keywords with the help of already ranked posts. But if you are confused about keyword research for an entirely new keyword and want to explore the potential of the keyword, then you can follow the below process:
DIY SEO: Focus Keywords Which you Can Rank Easily
- Go to kwfinder.com and register yourself, and subscribe to any plan you desire. The free version is also available with minimal features of entering up to 5 keywords per day.
- Enter the main keyword and click on search which intern gets all the list of keywords related to the main keyword which you were planning to rank for.
- Now sort those keywords generated by its competition and see if you can crack the methods behind rankings of these keywords.
- Once you are thorough, you can save the list as per your targeted keywords and use those keywords as focus keywords in the next step which we have given below.
You can read Kwfinder Review to find out more about it.
Though there are many keyword research tools available including Toolfeast, Ahref keyword planner, and SEMrush. We have suggested KWfinder because it is more reliable and the data retrieved is more accurate on any other tools.
Write SEO friendly blog post:
While writing the article for your focus keyword, make sure you are optimizing your focus keyword for the search engines by following the below points precisely.
SEO Optimized Blog Post
You can observe your already ranked posts and adapt how it is ranked carefully.
Here is a short preview of writing SEO Friendly Blog Post.
1. Using SEO-Friendly URLs:
Use SEO-Friendly URLs
Instead of using URLs like Abc.com/category/date/post-title Consider using Abc.com/post-url
2. Start your post title with the keyword:
Start your Post Title with the Keyword
Always consider starting your post title with the keyword as it’s going to increase the relevancy of your article as well as it increases the user click-through rate in search engine page rankings SERP.
Some example :
- [First On Internet] 9 different But easy ways to make money online that no one will tell you.
- 9 best places to visit in India before you die.
- Use odd numbers instead of even numbers like 101 ways to increase traffic for free, 51 ways to grow your twitter fans, etc.
3. Consider adding modifiers to post titles by adding the year at the end:
You can add modifiers by taking instances from the following keywords
- Best guitars of 2022
- Best gaming mouse 2022
In this case, the modifier is 2022 and acts as a sub keyword to post to increase user engagement by making the post more authentic and updated.
4. Consider wrapping your blog post title in an H1 Tag:
Use of H1, H2, and H3 Tag
Before you start writing an article, make sure that your theme makes the post title H1 automatically.
Because making the post title an H1 tag seems to make it easier for search engine crawlers to understand what the entire content is about.
5. Include more and more multimedia content
Including more and more images and videos in your blog post reduces the chances of pogo-sticking and decreases the bounce rate.
One image speaks a hundred words and that applies in SEO too, making your images more creative and attractive, that makes users stay on your page for a longer duration and increasing user on-page time, and naturally increase in rankings.
6. Consider wrapping your subheadings in H2 tags
You can also make your subheadings as H2 tags and thus help the crawlers to understand your content better. This helps when it comes to relevancy as we mentioned earlier.
7. Always drop your keyword in the first 100 words of the post
This also helps in deciding the content of your site and the focus keyword which you are trying to rank. Do not use the keyword excessively and make sure that you use LSI keywords or latent semantic keywords.
You can also use All in one SEO by Yoast plugin to follow the above steps in this DIY SEO guide.
Use Our latest Google keyword Planner tips For SEO
Download Top 15 Black Hat SEO Tools To Dominate Search Engine 2022 and 11 Quick Tips To Boost Your Blog Traffic 2022
Steps to steal the traffic from your competitor’s blog:
- Make a list of keywords that you are willing to rank for, while using this technique, make sure that you go with the medium to low competitive keywords.
- Once you are through with the keywords, go to ahrefs and create an account get a subscription using Flikover or any group buy service, and enter the keywords you are willing to rank for in keyword explorer.
- Then, make a list of sites that are ranking for that keyword and copy the post URLs, and then put those URLs into site explorer.
- It will show the number as well as types of backlinks created by your competitors, and now it’s your move to copy those lists of backlinks and start creating to steal the traffic from your competitor.
You can also use Moz to spy on your competitor’s backlinks, and there are many free tools like open link explorer which does the same as ahref, but with limited capabilities.
It’s always a wise move to take the site metrics into consideration as high authority sites are very much hard to beat using this method.
Get Social Signals:
Social signals play a crucial role in getting a stable ranking in search engines, and as Matt Cutts said, Social signals are the factors that are used to determine the popularity of a post.
Social Signals SEO
If it gets more and more social shares and likes, then apparently Google favors it in ranking for the particular targeted keyword.
But most of us are too lazy to work, so we have listed out the methods through which you can get social signals without much of a hassle for DIY SEO.
Social Signals In Do It Yourself SEO
- You can create the accounts yourself on various social media sites and share them once you publish an article. This approach is very time-consuming indeed and makes you get bored. But this is the genuine way of promoting your site on Social Media to gain social signals as well as extra traffic.
- Using automated software: You can use much software readily available to use. You can automate these by entering the credentials of your social accounts, and as soon as you post the article on your blog, this automated software will share it instantly.
- Well, if you are too lazy even to create accounts and use tools, you can just grab a gig from SEOclerks or Fiverr and get your work done in 5$ or 10$. But always be sure about the efficiency of the gigs
Start link building:
When it comes to link building, you should be careful as it can affect your blog or site positively, as well as negatively depending upon your link building strategy.
Nobody wants to see a drop in SERP from search engine algorithms, to get stable rankings many factors should be taken into consideration including link relevancy, link quality, and link quantity.
The strategy of Link Building
Types of backlinks you can build:
- Contextual links from guest posts.
- Site-wide links or footer links.
- Forum links.
- Profile likes.
- Website directory links.
- Comment links.
In the previews article, we have discussed Kwfinder Review and Tutorial for Long Tail Keyword Research
1. Contextual links:
These are the most effective type of backlinks. You can get these types of backlinks by approaching the neighbor bloggers in your niche and by providing a quality article you are getting one do follow backlink which is going to boost your rankings.
Increase Traffic Using Backlinks
Ranking boost after getting contextual links are depended on the authority of the site or blog where you are going to do the guest posting.
2. Sitewide links or footer links:
These are the most powerful type of links that can boost your site in a very short span of time. Site-wide links or also called as footer links are used for event blogs normally where your ranking will be boosted temporarily.
Site-wide links or footer links
One thing to notice here is, that taking site-wide links generates thousands of backlinks overnight, and one should always be precautions while making site-wide links
3. Forum links:
These also fall under contextual links and for the sake of link diversity, let’s categorize this separately.
To get forum links, you can sign up for niche-related forums and participate actively in forum discussions and post the link if you think you are providing value to other members. Forum links are helpful in getting extra traffic and also targeted traffic.
4. Profile links:
Many sites allow you to enter your website link from the profile page. Profile links are said to be useful but not that effective.
Many authority sites like apple and Microsoft gives profile link, and you cannot choose preferred anchor text from profile links as they will be placed under your name
5. Website directory links:
These are the links to which you can submit yourself to many website directory list sites. These are the sites that gather the blog according to different categories.
6. Comment links:
Comments links are also said to have good SEO value. You can get comment links by providing you thoughts on particular posts on other sites.
There are also many sites that offer auto-approval do-follow backlinks that get approved automatically but be careful from which site you are taking backlink.
You can download 501 Dofollow blog commenting site list and then comment on them for link building.
Conclusion: THIS DIY SEO guide is exclusively made available to all just because the knowledge should be open source and spread.
Though we have tried our best to make it as easy as possible, in the internet marketing world and search engine optimization, what works for you may not work for others, the only way of achieving things in SEO is by experimenting with all ranking factors like on-page SEO, off-page SEO, and link building.
We expect the readers to do all sorts of basic research as we stated above and we hope this DIY SEO guide is going to be a useful asset in your career.